- Transfer money to other accounts over the phone or in a text message (not even in an emergency!)
- Send an employee to your home to pick up your bank card, card reader or pin codes
- Send your bank card or card reader by post
- Pass on passwords or other security codes by phone or text message
- Access your computer or smartphone to install software or apps on your computer, tablet or smartphone
Security and fraud prevention
Handelsbanken will never ask you to:
There are various forms of fraud.
It is important to always report fraud.
If you suspect that you are dealing with fraud, please contact our customer service immediately. Call us on 0800 820 00 20 or from abroad: +31 20 412 77 92. In Dutch we can be reached from Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 18:00. In English we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Five security rules
- Keep your security codes secret.
- Make sure that your debit card is never used by anyone else.
- Keep your computer updated and use an updated antivirus program.
- Check your bank account regularly.
- Report incidents directly to the bank and follow the bank’s instructions.