- Transfer money to other accounts over the phone or in a text message (not even in an emergency!)
- Send an employee to your home to pick up your bank card, card reader or pin codes
- Send your bank card or card reader by post
- Pass on passwords or other security codes by phone or text message
- Access your computer or smartphone to install software or apps on your computer, tablet or smartphone
Security and fraud prevention
Handelsbanken will never ask you to:
There are various forms of fraud.
It is important to always report fraud.
If you suspect that you are dealing with fraud, please get in touch with our customer service immediately. You can reach us by calling 0800 820 00 20, or if you're calling from abroad, dial
+31 20 412 77 92. Our Dutch line is available from Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 18:00. For English support, we are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information and the most up-to-date frauds:l or at Or view the lessons
Communication about your personal information is only through personal contact at your local office. if you receive an email that you do not trust or send an email to
Five security rules
- Keep your security codes secret.
- Make sure that your debit card is never used by anyone else.
- Keep your computer updated and use an updated antivirus program.
- Check your bank account regularly.
- Report incidents directly to the bank and follow the bank’s instructions.