- Keep your security codes secret.
- Make sure that your debit card is never used by anyone else.
- Keep your computer updated and use an updated antivirus program.
- Check your bank account regularly.
- Report incidents directly to the bank and follow the bank’s instructions.
Security and fraud prevention
Five security rules
Common types of fraud and scams
There are various forms of fraud and fraudsters are finding more and more creative ways to defraud. View the different types of frauds at www.veiligbankieren.nOpens in a new windowl or at fraudehelpdesk.nlOpens in a new window for the most up-to-date frauds.
It is important to always report fraud. If you suspect that you are dealing with fraud, please contact our customer service. Call us on 0800 820 00 20 or from abroad: +31 20 412 77 92. We are available in Dutch from Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 18:00. In English we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Block debit card
We will block your debit card as soon as you contact us. If you see strange activity on your account, please also report this immediately. You will receive a new debit card after blocking your card.